Mailstore on NFS.

Luca Villani villo at ferrara.linux.it
Wed Jun 16 23:36:44 CEST 2004

Alle 18:28, venerdì 11 giugno 2004, Paul Gargan ha scritto:

First, I'm afraid my english is very *very* poor, I'm sorry...

> We want to guard against the possibility of the server dying. The idea
> is that we have the spool on the NetApp, shared via NFS, and mounted by
> the Kolab server. If the machine running Kolab dies, we simply drop in a
> new one and point it at the network share. That's the theory, anyway.
> Having the spool on the NetApp also makes backup easier.

If you have two server with enough disk space, there is another solution: you
can do a raid1 on NBD:

If primary server crash, you can simply start services on backup server.

Disclaimer: I *never* test this solution, I'm planning tests on this platform
during first July week.

--
Ciao da Villo  -  GPG public key available
Protect your Freedom: http://www.againsttcpa.com/index.shtml

La natura non favorisce il più adatto, ce l'ha a morte con il più sfigato.