Is it safe to use the following on a production system running Redhat Enterprise 3.0

Denis Croombs denis at just-servers.co.uk
Wed Jun 16 15:52:26 CEST 2004

Redhat

> > > I am presently having problems with this.... I am passing over RHEL
and
> > > probably going to use Debian in preference. RHEL3 has a problem in the
> > > db4 package which seems to prevent the system from unpacking required
> > > files correctly...
> >
> > Thanks for that, it installs and "appears to work" on my system but I
was
> > wondering if anyone had problems with it in the field ?
> >
> > Many thnaks
> >
> > Denis
> >

> Cool.. I'll try this then.... Did you install the RPM's direct.. or are
there
> instructions in the README file... (wget not got there yet) ?

I just downloaded it using ncftp to get all the files, then used "obmtool
kolab" to install which worked with no errors, ten did the bootstrap as
outlined and it worked !
I am just concerned in case there are know problems with this version !

Regards

Denis Croombs

believed to be clean.

Marvin the E-Mail scanner