Mailstore on NFS.

Paul Gargan pgargan at nexgenfs.com
Fri Jun 11 18:28:18 CEST 2004

Bo Thorsen wrote:
>>>If not, is there any Cyrus-compatible way to access a remote spool?
>>
>>Other remote file systems like AFS might work, you would need to
>>hunt around for the information.

Our NetApp filer only offers NFS and CIFS. AFS is not an option.

My original tests were performed using a Linux box (2.4 kernel) as the
NFS server. Things seem to work OK using the NetApp as the NFS server,
but we have yet to stress-test it.

> Or change it around, so the cyrus spool dir is exported instead of nfs
> mounted.

We want to guard against the possibility of the server dying. The idea
is that we have the spool on the NetApp, shared via NFS, and mounted by
the Kolab server. If the machine running Kolab dies, we simply drop in a
new one and point it at the network share. That's the theory, anyway.
Having the spool on the NetApp also makes backup easier.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Paul.