Problem with Admin.pm?

suffocator at gmx.de suffocator at gmx.de
Sun Jun 6 12:30:45 CEST 2004

Hi List,

/var/log/messages on my fresh Fedora Core 1 box with zfos rpm-packages
(ftp://ftp.zfos.org/brew/kolab/BIN/kolab-20040217-2.0.0/ix86-fedora1/)
tells me:

Jun  6 10:51:53 sun kolabd[19767]: Kolab is starting up
Jun  6 10:51:53 sun perl: No worthy mechs found
Jun  6 10:51:56 sun kolabd[19767]: Y Error: Unable to authenticate with
Cyrus admin interface, Error = `'

If I try to connect via cyradm I get the following error:

[root at sun root]# /kolab/bin/cyradm -u manager localhost
IMAP Password:
              Login failed: authentication failure at
/kolab/lib/perl/vendor_perl/5.8.3/i686-linux/Cyrus/IMAP/Admin.pm line 118
cyradm: cannot authenticate to server with  as manager

If I try to connect with another user syntax I get the following:

[root at sun ix86-fc1]# /kolab/bin/cyradm -u manager at matrix.com localhost
   IMAP Password:
              localhost.localdomain> lm
localhost.localdomain>

Am I missing someting? I think this prob has occured before, but I can't
find a workaround... Kolab installation itself runs fine, no errors during
bootstrap etc. I've tried with RH9 too, same prob...
The origin problem is that I can't login using clients such as
Outlook with connector, Aethera or Mozilla.

TIA,

Magnus

--
support our band!!!
visit http://www.humanbastard.de

support the search for extraterrestrial intelligence!
visit http://setiathome.berkeley.edu