[Fwd: RE: Toltec and Sharing folders]

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Tue Jul 13 22:10:59 CEST 2004

Am Dienstag, 13. Juli 2004 12:52 schrieb Carsten Burghardt:

Hi,

> Mails from all employees are fetched (via fetchmail) from our
> > ISP and transfered to the IMAP server.

This is a very typical SMB setup.

> > Now we have the
> > following problem:
> > As the mails are fetched from the server with pop

You mean the server at the ISP?

> > the
> > secretary can't see new mails in the inboxes from other
> > employees

Does she have the proper access permissions to see the inbox of other users?

> > when they don't have their Outlook running. As the
> > mails are transfered to the IMAP inbox of each user I don't
> > really understand this restriction. Is there any way to show
> > new mails of other users when they don't have their Outlook open?
>
> None that I can think off, sorry.

Well, if this is a limitation on the special folder INBOX and/or OL/Toltec
then any other folder can be "abused" using server side scripting.

Regards,
-- martin

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold

e r f r a k o n
Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de