Kolab client integration

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Tue Jul 13 13:11:07 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 13 July 2004 11:03, Bernhard Reiter wrote:

> I guess I am allergic to strange "magic" criticism. ;-)
> Cornelius and many others can configure it
> and him saying: "Nobody can" is overplaying it.

That's right. I was exaggerating to get my point through, that the
configuration is overly complex. It would be much easier with the wizard. I
think we agree on that.

What personally annoys me is that I spent time on creating the wizard
framework and implementing the KOrganizer side of the Kolab configuration in
the wizard, but then you did not pick up that work and did not complete it
although you promised to do this many times.

> Michel's ongoing efforts are public at:
> http://kolab.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs-kolab.cgi/doc/proko2-doc/
> We do not have more internal documentation we could publish.

The documentation belongs into the manuals of the client. That's one important
aspect of integration you have not addressed up to now.

I think the discussion shows that there still is a problem with the commercial
Kolab development team and the KDE team working together. There obviously are
different agendas and not enough efforts to bring these together.