Kolab client integration

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Jul 12 17:03:51 CEST 2004

On Friday 09 July 2004 20:35, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> On Friday 09 July 2004 12:12, Bo Thorsen wrote:
> > On Friday 09 July 2004 09:19, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> > > On Friday 09 July 2004 00:57, Bradley Alexander wrote:

> Who is testing the Kolab functionality and to what extent?

In addition to KDAB, Intevation (Bernhard Herzog, myself)
also do KDE Kolab client tests on a more unregular basis
and so do some more people within proko2.

> I saw so many
> potential problems in the code when fixing problems in the groupware
> parts in the last couple of weeks that I really doubt that it actually
> works. You should also have a look at the KDE Bugzilla. There are a lot
> of problems which also affect the Kolab client.

I agree that we need to improve tracking the bugs and there
are quite some bugs around.

> > And a setup wizard is only a nice-to-have, not even close to being
> > essential (and Daniel started working on it now, btw).
>
> Nobody will be able to correctly set up the Kolab client functionality
> without a wizard. This beast is much too complex. If you don't care
> about usability you might say that it isn't essential, but that isn't
> the way KDE usually works and it certainly is something you have to
> integrate before you honestly can say that the Kolab client is _fully_
> integrated.

That is FUD, I was able to teach setting up the client in 30 minutes.
One piece of regular DIN A4 can hold easy step by step instructions.