migrating e-mails

Zachariah Mully zmully-kolab at smartbrief.com
Wed Dec 22 15:07:35 CET 2004

On Tue, 2004-12-21 at 14:25 +0100, Michael Harlaut wrote:
> Hi,
>
> >i wish to migrate e-mails from a system that was running mails using
> >-sendmail and UW-Imap into kolab
> >

> The best tool I know for mail migration is imapsync.
> http://www.linux-france.org/prj/imapsync/
>
> It perfectly supports UW and Cyrus and saves me a lot of time.

I second that, I just started testing a whole bunch of migration tools
and this is by far the easiest to use and allows you to do the bulk of
the migration before the actual cut over, so that you only have to sync
recent changes to a mail store, instead of copying the entire thing (not
so fun with 36GB of mail).