Running Mandrake 10.0 -> best way to install Kolab?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Dec 20 12:56:44 CET 2004

On Friday 17 December 2004 19:45, Tobias Weisserth wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-12-16 at 17:30 +1300, Scott Newton wrote:

>  I'm really reluctant
> to set up another packaging system next to the Mandrake system since
> this means running updates for two systems and keep one system from
> interfering with the other. I don't really like the concept. Having
> packages from Mandrake has the big advantage that you get updates from
> one source only.

We definately agree that integrated packages are better,
however it also means a lot of work for the distributors.
Currently Mandrake only offers Kolab1.

As stated in my other email: Openpkg is designed to
run as second package management system on top of
a different unix like operating system, so its interference
with it is well under control.