webclient password change utility

Zachariah Mully zmully-kolab at smartbrief.com
Fri Dec 17 01:53:06 CET 2004

All-
	I've been playing around with the webclient and the passwd module. I
found that changing a password through this module breaks the Kolab web
admin interface's ability to change it as well. I noticed that by
default, the passwd module is configured to store the passwords in
plaintext. So after looking at how the Kolab web admin stores it (sha) I
changed the backends.php accordingly. Unfortunately even if the passwd
module stores the passwd with SHA, with the new password you're able to
login to the web admin, but you're not able to change the password from
the web admin. Here's the error:

[Thu Dec 16 19:47:28 2004] [error] PHP Warning:  ldap_modify(): Modify:
Object class violation in /kolab/var/kolab/www/admin/user/user.php on
line 555

And
Errors:
LDAP Error: Could not modify object cn=xyz,dc=asdf,dc=com: Object class
violation

This is on Debian stable, running Kolab2 v20041201-full and Horde HEAD.

Thanks,
Zack