Kolab2: postfix/lmtp 550-Mailbox unknown

Matt Douhan matt at fruitsalad.org
Mon Dec 13 05:09:24 CET 2004

On Sunday 12 December 2004 23:51, Harald Brass wrote:
> With kolab2 (of 1 Dec.) installed "out of the box", mail cannot deliver
> mail locally if  the respective user has been created with the username
> "username" (without "@domain"). The mail is rejected, the postfix log
> shows "postfix/lmtp 550-Mailbox unknown". The reason is that postfix
> tries to deliver to username at domain, while Cyrus only knows username.
>
> It has been proposed to set all usernames as "username at domain". In this
> case the delivery works, but the internal cyrus data structure is more
> complicated.

this is pretty much a requirement of kolab2 as far as I understand it, you
MUST use a fully qualified username including the maildomain.

if you then want to add multiple domains for recieving purposes this is pretty
easily done with aliases and minor hacking of main.cf

--
Matt Douhan
www.fruitsalad.org