cron

Hamish lists at subvs.co.uk
Sat Dec 11 13:59:38 CET 2004

Marek Lindner wrote:
> Hamish wrote:
>
>> The reason for needing cron is to update spamassasin and run freshclam
>> - is there an alternative way of doing this?
>

> There is a freshclam daemon which downloads clamav virus databases
> without the need of cron.
> I don't know whether it's part of kolab/kolab2.
>
> Regards,
> Marek

I didnt think of that, but checking the logs, it is already running like
this - it seems to default to 00:00:00 daily:

ClamAV update process started at Sat Dec 11 00:00:05 2004
main.cvd is up to date (version: 28, sigs: 26630, f-level: 3, builder:
tomek)
daily.cvd updated (version: 625, sigs: 1547, f-level: 3, builder: tkojm)
Database updated (28177 signatures) from database.clamav.net (213.184.16.3).
Clamd successfully notified about the update.

I cant see any way of changing that time, but it ok as it is (it might
be nice to randomise the time a bit so that database.clamav.net does not
get pounded at midnight every night by everyone)

Don't suppose there is any way of running spamassasin like that? (set a
watched directory and have it update every x hours) ;)

Thanks again