distribution lists in contacts

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Dec 10 20:14:35 CET 2004

On Friday 10 December 2004 16:50, Hamish wrote:
> I have added a couple of distribution lists to our kolab2
> (20041201-full) server and they work fine when mailing to the full
> address, but an ldap addressbook search does not show them. Is there any
> way of getting them into the address book?

You can put it in the contacts,
but the problem is known and now that Martin is back
from vacation he probably will address it soon.
https://intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue533

> eg. I create a group called it, when I mail to it at mydomain.com it is
> sent correctly, but when I type it and "check names" (in outlook2003) it
> finds nothing, but if I type in the name of a user and "check names",
> the user is found and added. Are distribution lists added to ldap as well?

Yes, they are in the ldap.
Us /kolab/sbin/slapcat to inspect the ldap, which is sometimes
interesting to see. An alternative is a 0.6.x version of gq.