Anti-spam

Bradley M Alexander storm at tux.org
Thu Aug 12 05:38:06 CEST 2004

I'm running into a problem that has revealed itself in the past week. I
installed Kolab server and used the instructions Ian (?) posted several
months ago to deploy SpamAssassin. Things worked great until last week.

The problem is that last week, my ISP spent a lot of its time down. Every
time it came back up, my email was forwarded to my mailserver, but every
time, the load average goes to 34+ and stays there for hours as
spamassassin brings the box to its knees. Also, I have noticed that hte
automatic training doesn't seem to work too well. Before I deployed Kolab,
I was using SpamAssassin (in daemon mode) in addition to BogoFilter.

My question to the group is whether anyone has deployed any other antispam
tools and if they had a howto?

thanks,
--Brad