Problems installing Kolab server on SuSE Professional 9.0

g.vijlbrief at bloemendaal.nl g.vijlbrief at bloemendaal.nl
Wed Aug 11 15:47:21 CEST 2004

You wrote:

-------------
All the packages appear to build and install without errors, however when I
attempt to bootstrap the server, I get the following errors:

no dc=nagios,dc=nottinghamcity,dc=gov,dc=uk object found, creating one
failed to write basedn entry : modifications require authentication at
/kolab/etc/kolab/kolab_bootstrap line 171, <DATA> line 283.
no kolab config object in ldap, generating a reasonable default
mynetworkinterfaces: 127.0.0.0/8, 172.22.4.0/24
failed to write entry: modifications require authentication at
/kolab/etc/kolab/kolab_bootstrap line 226, <DATA> line 283.
<snip more of the same>
LDAP setup finished

Create initial config files for postfix, apache, proftpd, cyrus imap,
saslauthd
 running /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab -v -o -lldap://127.0.0.1:389/
Can't call method "attributes" on an undefined value at
/kolab/etc/kolab/kolab
line 353, <DATA> line 283.

Can anyone shed any light on what is going wrong, and more importantly,
what I
can do to fix it?  I've tried doing the installation twice, and get the
same
result each time.
-------------
I don't know if this answer leads to the solution of the problem or just
causes other problems
further on but i've noticed that in the original slapd.conf.template
located in /kolab/etc/kolab
a line rootpw @@@bind_pw_hash@@@ exists.
In the installation script, I found somewhere that this template is edited
and the value
@@@bind_pw@@@ is replaced by the specified root passwd (and so creating the
file /kolab/etc/openldap/slapd.conf)
After changing this in the template file (putting rootpw @@@bind_pw@@@) and
running bootstrap again
things looked better.

Now I'm still stuck with adding users because I don't see the Unique Userid
field anywhere
on that screen. Maybe someone can help me on that.

Regards, Gerrit Vijlbrief