Japanese interface

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Tue Aug 10 22:14:57 CEST 2004

Am Montag, 9. August 2004 17:37 schrieb Bernhard Reiter:

Hi,

> > Is it fair to ask for an rough estimate if the project is on time for the
> > release in September 2004 or did I misunderstand that ?
>
> You misunderstood it. The Proko2 contract had a timeline for september,
> but the Kolab2 release will happen, when the software is ready  and stable.
> This also depends on the users, testers and developers
> not involved in Proko2.

Currently Kolab2 is well progressing and I expect some kind of release later
this year.

You are welcome to give the current Kolab 2 code already a try.

On the other hand i18n is already solved for the KDE client see:

	http://i18n.kde.org/

http://i18n.kde.org/stats/gui/KDE_3_3_BRANCH/index.php shows that about 87
percent of the current KDE 3.3 branch and 75% of the HEAD branch are already
translated to japanese. KDE does also include the KDE Kolab client (kontact)

Another isssue is the server admin GUI. Internally the server is supposed to
only use UTF-8 so we should be safe in this regard. The admin GUI needs some
gettext support which we did not add sofar. This is an excellent area for
either community contribution or contracting. With the gettext support in the
admin gui we will be able to use the KDE toolchain http://i18n.kde.org/tools/

Regards,
-- martin

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold

e r f r a k o n
Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de