Accessing the Kolab Addressbook

Matt Douhan matt at fruitsalad.org
Sun Aug 1 20:45:04 CEST 2004

On Sunday 01 August 2004 19.24, Matt Douhan wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am trying to configure Kontact 0.9 to use the Adressbook on the Kolab
> server, I have the email domain foo.bar.com so I assumed the base DN was
> dc=foo,dc=bar,dc=com  but I cannot see any addresses in Kontact coming from
> that LDAP server, I configured the KDE resource for LDAP.
>
> I have successfully used other LDAP servers so I am assuming some DN mojo
> is needed.

ok the mojo needed was that one needed to add the hostname to the DN so it was
dc=servername,dc=domain,dc=com

however I am still not sure this is working correctly, the first name
attrobute (given name) is not shown correctly in Kontact, I selected Kolab as
the attribute scheme in the LDAP config in the resource but still I do not
see the given name properly, although the attribute IS there in the LDAP tree
because it displays the "displayName" attribute correctly which is created
using sn & gn or similar, I am a bit confused but I have tried many different
scenarios and I cannot ge the first name properly displayed.

rgds

Matt