Unable to subsrcibe to shared folders

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Sun Aug 1 10:59:42 CEST 2004

Am Samstag, 31. Juli 2004 16:18 schrieb Matt Douhan:

Hi Matt,

> I am running KDE 3.2.3 on FreeBSD and Kolab 1 20040503

Please be aware of the fact that shared folders are only fully supported on
the upcoming next stable version of KDE or current CVS.

> 1. If I create a shared folder using the Kolab webint I cannot get KMail to
> see it.

This is a limitation of your old kmail.

> 2. I cannot send emails using the Kolab server, probably cause I cannot
> find the docs on how to setup KMail to send emails via Kolab/Postfix and
> also how to add more networks to the Kolab / postfix auth networks
>
> any help or pointers would be much appreciated

Sending mails via Kolab is normale sending via smtp. Nothing special except
that we prefer authenticated smtp and TLS.

(Did you try the smtp test feature when setting up the account?)

Regards,
-- martin

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold

e r f r a k o n
Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de