Newbie installation issue: no /kolab/RPM/SRC/PACKAGE directory

Mitsu Hadeishi mitsu at syntheticzero.com
Mon Apr 26 16:19:27 CEST 2004

Hi,

A newbie question.

I decided to try to install Kolab on my Debian-based laptop first (Xandros
Desktop 2.0).  I downloaded the Kolab server files from

ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/server/kolab/kolab-1.0/kolab-server-1.0/src/

and began to follow the directions in the QIM.  I set the various LC_ALL, etc.
environment variables, executed the bootstrap openpkg shell script, which
completed without evident errors, then executed the bootstrap install shell
script as root, as per the directions. I did su kolab, set the PATH
to /kolab/bin, etc., then ran rpm -ihv *.src.rpm.

The scripts created a user kolab, group kolab, and a /kolab directory filled
with various files.

Now is where I get stuck.  The directions say to cd /kolab/RPM/SRC/PACKAGE ...
there is no /kolab/RPM/SRC/PACKAGE.  There is no PACKAGE.spec file.

What do I do next?  Should I download the "testing" version?

Mitsu
--
http://www.syntheticzero.com/