Multiple domains in LDAP

Matt M. lmatt at ironblue.com
Sat Apr 17 07:35:41 CEST 2004

Matt M. wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm playing around a little with the LDAP address book functionality.
> What I would like to achieve is to have multiple base dn's so that I can
> have multiple sets of internal and external entries. Basically, more
> than one global address book. Is this possible with the current LDAP
> schema? I am a total newbie to LDAP. I tried modifying the
> /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab_bootstrap and the config files to try to add a
> new base DN. Didn't get very far. I suspect that it's because there can
> be only one top level node?? Like I said, I'm a newbie so this is just a
> guess. Also, along these lines, is it possible to remove anonymous read
> access to the directory, and require users to provide login credentials.
> I'm sure it is, just not sure how. Any nudge in the right direction(or
> complete hand-holding) is appreciated.

Well, I have answered my own questions. The answer to the first one is
yes. There are a number of ways to go about it. I'm still kicking it
around. The answer to the second question, which was can I remove
anonymous access and require login is also yes. Unfortunately, it looks
like KAddressbook only supports anonymous access. Is this true? I find
this hard to believe. Is there some config file directive to set this?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

--
Matt M.