Proko2 is Good News Towards Kolab2

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Apr 13 19:07:12 CEST 2004

On Thursday 08 April 2004 14:59, Jon Bendtsen wrote:
> Den 7. apr 2004, kl. 21:50, skrev Bernhard Reiter:
> > "Proko2" is Good News: We can go towards Kolab2!

> > 	Come up with a Windows client option
> > 	that can fully interact on the same data as the KDE Kolab2 client.
> > 	In order to reach that goal we want to propose a common format
> > 	that can be implemented by Outlook Plugins.
>
> have you any thoughts here?

We are in contact with the people from Radley's.

> porting of kontact to pure QT? and thus being able to run on windows?

There is KDE-Cygwin as an emergency option for fast machines.
The problem with QT on window is that is it proprietary software.

> but also mac?

Mac operating systems are out of scope for Proko2.
(You can run GNU/Linux nicely on most Macs, though. :))

> Aethera? there is some work in progress, why not use that?
> Mozilla's mailprogram and calendar?

According to our limited evaluations we prefer the other options.

> Some 4. option ?

Not yet.