Tag Configuration object draft

Aleksander Machniak machniak at kolabsys.com
Tue Jun 17 14:18:11 CEST 2014

On 02/25/2014 08:32 PM, Christian Mollekopf wrote:
> Here's a draft for the Tag configuration object:

As this is already implemented (as Relations in libkolabxml) we have to
agree on the last implementation considerations:

1. Tag type value. As for now we have two types of relations: tags (e.g.
email tags) and generic relations (between two or more
objects/messages). Off-line we discussed and it looks that it will be
the best to use "tag" and "generic" labels in relationType field.

2. Member URIs.
2.1. Kolab objects can be referenced by "urn:uuid:<UUID>" (RFC4122).
2.2. Email messages need to be specified as IMAP URIs with additional
data to use as a fallback search when message specified by folder/UID
does not exist. So, we have RFC5092 to consider. However, our use-case
here is different. I propose:

imap:///<path>/<uid>#<message-id>;<date>

is message IMAP UID, <message-id> and <date> are values of these headers.

Note that we use "imap:///" prefix because we don't need host/auth info
here.

Considerations/Feedback needed:

- I decided to not use UIDVALIDITY in URI, what do you think?
- Still, I'm not sure if we should use message date header as is or e.g.
converted to unix timestamp.
- maybe what we do after # we should change to a search string, e.g.
HEADER%20MESSAGE-ID...%20HEADER%20DATE...?

--
Aleksander Machniak
Web Developer, Kolab Systems AG