[NEW KEP] KEP #17: Kolab XML Format 3.0

Thomas Brüderli bruederli at kolabsys.com
Tue Mar 6 09:48:24 CET 2012

Christian Mollekopf wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> A first draft of a KEP which rebases the whole Kolab XML Format on the xCal&
> xCard RFCs resulting in the Kolab XML Format 3.0 specification, has been
> released.
>
>          KEP 17: Kolab XML Format 3.0
>          http://wiki.kolab.org/User:Mollekopf/Drafts/KEP:17
>
> The KEP still has some rough edges, but should define everything in the scope
> of the KEP or declare that a topic still needs clarification. This KEP follows
> the discussions in [1],[2],[3].

Hello

I have a few comments concerning the Distribution Lists:

1) In the old Kolab format, the following value for X-Kolab-Type was
used: "application/x-vnd.kolab.distribution-list"

You now propose to use "application/x-vnd.kolab.contact.distlist"
instead. Is this on purpose? Maybe it's irrelevant once an account is
entirely migrated but I see other object types on your draft still
having the same X-Kolab-Type assigned as before. And in order to
implement a storage layer which can cope with both the old and the new
format it would be much appreciated if these headers would remain the same.

2) The old format also stored the contact UID within the members list of
a distribution list. This made it easier to connect a member to a
contact object and to propagate changes from the contact record to the
distributions list. Would it be possible to add an (optional) uid
element to the member element?

Thanks,
Thomas