show-time-as and out-of-office in v3

Christian Mollekopf mollekopf at kolabsys.com
Wed Jun 20 11:45:21 CEST 2012

Hey,

I looks like we finally do need the out-of-office feature.

In kolabv2 we had show-time-as with the values free, tentative, busy, or
outofoffice. Which was a mix of the TRANSPARENCY setting with some others.

In the v3 I propose the following:
* TRANSPARENCY to control if an event shows up in f/b (already done)
* STATUS for tentative etc. (already done)
* introduce boolead x-out-of-office to LOCATION, to annotate that we're out of
office.

For the out-of-office to become actually useful, as it is a kolab-specific
feature, we also need to include it in the generated f/b list, for which I
propose to use the FBTYPE "X-BUSY-OUTOFOFFICE" (which will be interpreted by
clients not understanding it as BUSY).

So the only kolab-specific thing is the outofoffice, which I think makes more
sense to store as location annotation than a show-time-as (given that the rest
is already covered). The X-BUSY-OUTOFOFFICE might be misusing the FBTYPE
slightly as it is not directly related to scheduling, but it's IMO clean
enough (the other option would be an x-property).

Cheers,
Christian