libkolabxml: When setting a start/end/etc. ...

Georg C. F. Greve greve at kolabsys.com
Mon Jul 16 13:12:29 CEST 2012

On Monday 16 July 2012 11.49:44 Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> Right - how does one treat a floating-time in scheduling (the Python
> equivalent is a naive datetime) - create a 48 hour margin of error?

Well, the value makes more sense for users, as their client will then always
display it at the local time set by the user.

I guess the interpretation of such a value for resources would be the time
zone of the resource, which for some resources (corporate jets) could be
changing, and otherwise would probably be the same as the office.

As for "office time" I guess server time might serve as the ultimate fallback,
but this is perhaps something we want to allow to configure per server and
perhaps also per resource.

Best regards,
Georg

--