Kolab 3.0: event timezone

Christian Mollekopf mollekopf at kolabsys.com
Wed Jul 4 10:11:34 CEST 2012

On Wednesday 04 July 2012 09.44:37 Aleksander Machniak wrote:
> I'm working on ActiveSync implementation. In ActiveSync Timezone is a
> "global" setting of calendar event/task item. In specification described
> as "The Timezone element is an optional element that specifies the time
> zone of the calendar item". (All dates are in UTC).
>
> I don't see such global (per-object) setting in Kolab Format XML 3.0.
> So, is it possible to detect timezone of the event? Also, what should I
> do with Timezone when importing events from Activesync into Kolab.

In xCal (and therefore Kolab Format), the timezone is a per-date setting. (So
it has to be specified for each date, and there is no such thing as an events
global timezone setting). I suggest to just take the dtStart timezone, because
dtEnd MUST be of the same timezone as dtStart, which basically results in
dtStart containing the events global timezone. Note that created and dtstamp
MUST be UTC and exdate MAY be of another timezone.

Cheers,
Christian