[Kolab-devel] How to deal with multiplied Kolab UIDs (Re: RE :Re: Z-push most common issue with duplicateUID)

Georg C. F. Greve greve at kolabsys.com
Tue Jan 3 14:28:53 CET 2012

On Tuesday 03 January 2012 14.00:04 Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> b) there is a need for human coordination, because secretary S1 entered
> something while secretary S2 entered something else at the same time.

What are the statistics how often this happens in practice?

Do we know how many percent of our users have two secretaries which happen not
to be sitting in permanently connected offices and thus would be subject to this
occurring?

> Again, the last modification *must* not win in case b).

FWIW, I don't agree.

Point (b) seems very much a fringe case, and requiring user interaction for
this puts an onerous burden on all clients which substantially reduces
usability in all the most common scenarios.

Best regards,
Georg

--
Georg C. F. Greve