Heading for closing call: KEP 3: Introduction of 'subevent' sub-tag for 'exclusion' from 'recurrence'

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed May 25 11:54:34 CEST 2011

Am Mittwoch 18 Mai 2011, 18:09:25 schrieb Georg C. F. Greve:
> been some thoughts on
> (b) making
> exceptions not in-object, but by-reference, but for both the clear feedback
> seemed to be that simplicity was much preferable.

http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php?title=User:Greve/Drafts:KEP:3&oldid=10661

Isn't the example is missing the required fields? E.g creation-date.

If we plan this as an incompatible change in the format, using a subtag of
exception is good. Then old clients could read, but not write, and they should
not. The remark about backwarts comaptibility could changed to reflect this.
I blieve this is fine as KEP2 will also be an incompatible change which is
most relevant for recurrent events. Still clients can all chose to write the
old format for single events.

We could consider referring to the updated rfcs for iTIP and iCalender
5545 and 5546 instead of the older ones.

If we were looking into b) from above, by reference, this would be something
a little bit like the RELATED-TO of iCalender. It would be useful for other
purposes as well, so it can be introduced later as an alternative to the more
complex cases. For simple cases the current KEP3 draft seems okay to me.

Thanks for doing KEP3 and for commenting!
Bernhard

--
Sent with userbase.kde.org/Kontact_Touch running on N900.