[NEW KEP] KEP #17: Kolab XML Format 3.0

Thomas Koch thomas at koch.ro
Thu Dec 15 17:04:54 CET 2011

Christian Mollekopf:
> A first draft of a KEP which rebases the whole Kolab XML Format on the xCal
> & xCard RFCs resulting in the Kolab XML Format 3.0 specification, has been
> released.
>
>         KEP 17: Kolab XML Format 3.0
>         http://wiki.kolab.org/User:Mollekopf/Drafts/KEP:17
Hi Christian,

I really like the approach to keep compatibility to the RFCs and only add
additional constraints.
I'm trying to read through the KEP, but it's a lot of material and also not so
easy to understand what is described where.
It seems, that the KEP repeats a lot of information already present in the
RFCs, only expressing them in RelaxNG. I'm not sure whether this is a good
idea. Couldn't the KEP be made much shorter by referring as much as possible
to the RFCs? I got the impression that the RFCs are easier to read and grasp
then the KEP.

It would also help to see some example XML files. :-)

Regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro