Subevents (Re: Why and when storing local time?)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Apr 5 16:27:50 CEST 2011

Am Dienstag, 5. April 2011 16:24:23 schrieb Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab
Systems):
> Agreed, either the complete trip or every separate stage during such trip
> are events with one start and one end, and that's how it should be.
>
> I was merely indicating a single event can be perceived to have multiple
> sub- events - whether rightfully so or not - marking someone as unavailable
> during travel versus that person pushing out their itinerary to their
> Calendar... two different yet purposeful things.

This debate has been mentioned before, it is also difficult: Linking of
appointments, relation of appointments. Could be used to model exceptions to
recurrences for instance, travel times related to meeting times or the
mentioned use case. I'd prefer to get KEP2 done first, so let's concentrate
on it.

Deputy Coordinator Germany: fsfe.org. Board member: www.kolabsys.com.