Outlook compatible recurring events

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at kolabsys.com
Mon Sep 20 10:39:26 CEST 2010

Hi Jerry,

Zitat von Jerry Pommer <jpommer at bynari.net>:

> Hello, � I am working on Kolab object compatibility for a webmail
> offering. > The goal of this product is to be as interoperable with
> Outlook as possible. > We have an Outlook add-on that also uses the
> Kolab format. I am working with > recurring events, and need to find
> a way to represent cases such as:
>
> 1) the last day of every month
> 2) the last weekday of every month
> 3) the last Thursday of every month
> 4) the last weekend day of every month
>
> I have not been able to find a combination that works to represent
> the "last X of the month" case. Is there a way? And if there
> currently is not, what would be an acceptable implementation?

There is currently no such way. I assume the feature might not be
supported by that many other clients. So you should probably define
your own extension to the format. But I admit that this will be hard
with recurrences. Usually the format extensions are meant to hold
additional attributes. Extending the meaning of existing attributes
might be much harder.

Still we should of course discuss this feature if at least one client
supports it.

Bernhard, do you see any way of getting this forward quickly?

Cheers,

Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wrobel