Recurring events with timezone

Joon Radley joon at radleys.co.za
Wed Oct 27 11:10:13 CEST 2010

Hi Hendrik,

> i don't think this is a good idea. The recurring event should be anchored to a
> specific tz instead. This is the natural modeling and the tz depends on the
> location where the event should take place.

In the case of a telephone conference what will be the location?

As a user not in your time zone, what do I care in which time zone this happens out of a model and not a view perspective.

> It is also less complex because you do not need to track the users timezone
> and do not need to change the event.

But if the time zone is there to anchor a location what does it help when the user is not at the location?

> The user should have the freedom to decide in which tz the event should
> happen.

The user has the freedom to _view_ the event in any time zone. It all happens at the same time regardless of time zone.

Best Regards

Joon Radley

Cell: +27 (0)83 368 8557
Fax: +27 (0)86 547 2353