Recurring events with timezone

Hendrik Helwich h.helwich at tarent.de
Tue Oct 19 09:41:56 CEST 2010

Am 19.10.2010 08:11, schrieb Andrew McMillan:
> [...]
> This project that Hendrik is talking about is one that involves Kolab
> *interoperating* with client software which is not broken in that way,
> specifically Evolution.
>
> Regards,
> 					Andrew McMillan.

Exactly. This is the main reason. I am very glad that i get support from
a CalConnect member :-)
As it is said before in this thread, kolab clients also have a bug when
people are in different time zones and have recurring events because the
kolab format does not allow different time zones.

So there are two main reasons to add timezones to the kolab format:
* increase the interoperability between the kolab event/task format and
other calendar formats
* fix the kolab format for recurring events/tasks of people who are in
different time zones

Due to our effort to connect evolution to the kolab server, the
relevance of the kolab format could increase. This could also be seen as
a great benefit for the kolab format i think.
We just want to prevent us doing bad hacks and it will be much more
complicated to change the code later.
I have the feeling you do not like to change the kolab format and are
trying to block the discussion on that issue (even though i see this is
discussed before on this mailing list).

I do not want to bother you :-) I just want to be sure that you do have
good reasons for not wanting to enhance the kolab format and solve the
existing problems.

Greets,
Hendrik