KEP 2: Modification of datetime type, introduction of 'tz' sub-tag

Hendrik Helwich h.helwich at tarent.de
Tue Nov 23 10:06:55 CET 2010

Am Montag, 22. November 2010 18:28:16 schrieb Georg C. F. Greve:
> Hi Hendrik,
>
> On Monday 22 November 2010 16.50:20 Hendrik Helwich wrote:
> > Since we took the specification as reference it was first coded to accept
> > the  dates like described in the specification e.g.:
> > * 2010-11-22T16:12:11Z
> >
> > Since we noticed that some clients write their own formats, the parser
> > was extended to also accept them e.g.:
> > * 2009-11-09T10:41:58+00:00
> > * 2009-07-27T08:11:32.525+02:00
>
> According to this feedback, you can read RFC3339. So we know that the
> Evolution and Syncphony clients should be able to work with the proposed
> update without code changes.
>
> Out of curiosity: Why did you write your own parser?

Hi Georg,

We relied on the kolab fromat specification to implement a kolab parser. A
date parser is part of the java api and its easy to use for the specified
simple date format.
Later we noticed that some clients behaved different to the specification and
adapted the parser to accept their output too.

Best regards

Hendrik