[Kolab-devel] KEP 2: Modification of datetime type, introduction of 'tz' sub-tag

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Nov 18 21:50:02 CET 2010

On Wednesday 17 November 2010 17:00:29 Georg C. F. Greve wrote:
>   On Wednesday 17 November 2010 16.40:16 Jerry Pommer wrote:
> > If someone can present a test case in which such additional effort is
> > necessary, I'm willing to learn from it if there is something that I'm
> > missing. Why?
>
> Have you read the current client behaviour section and followed the link
> that provides a story explaining why it's in fact necessary?
>
> We had a long discussion about this on kolab-format@ for several weeks, and
> I'd prefer not to repeat it all.

I believe we should add a illustrative example to the KEP,
otherwise people will not understand the rationale fast enough.

Reading the KEP 2 in the current version I also believe
it could be improved in the rampup of the problem. As explained before
this used to work within different timezones, e.g. throughout Europe.
(The tested version number of KDE Kontact should also be mentioned, because it
might have worked better in older versions. :/ ).

Deputy Germany Coordinator: fsfeurope.org. Coordinator: Kolab-Konsortium.com.
Intevation GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, Osnabrück, DE; AG Osnabrück, HRB 18998