Recurring events with timezone

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Nov 2 11:03:26 CET 2010

On Thursday 28 October 2010 13:33:41 Georg C. F. Greve wrote:
> The Kolab format has always been specified by reference implementation, for
> which Kontact & the Toltec 2 connector have been the original reference
> implementations for some time. So at the moment only what is compatible to
> these is an actual Kolab client, although that may change in future
> revisions.
>
> We'll of course take your derivation from the Kolab format into account
> when we make the change to address the gap you identified, but cannot
> promise that we will follow it. I am aware that if Kolab compatibility was
> the goal of the project, you may unfortunately end up with an unfulfilled
> project objective.

I'll second what Georg wrote.

I do remember testing the de-facto-reference clients against a number
of recurring events, including daylight saving issues and it behaved rather
well. I am just trying to read up on the discussion and I have managed to
read all emails now. Next would be to think some more and try a few thing.
Right now I do have the time and I might lack it until Friday or next Monday,
so here is something premature: I believe the issues have not been properly
understood. We do have a number of different issues, which let to a few
exchanges that did not match each other.

> That said, I do understand that you are under time pressure and had to make
> a call. So no ill feelings exist on our side. For the future I'd suggest to
> plan and budget time and resource for upstream interaction for any such
> project.

Deputy Germany Coordinator: fsfeurope.org. Coordinator: Kolab-Konsortium.com.
Intevation GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, Osnabrück, DE; AG Osnabrück, HRB 18998