[Kolab-devel] distributionlists testing

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Mon May 26 09:21:46 CEST 2008

Am Donnerstag 22 Mai 2008 schrieb Bernhard Reiter:

Hi,

> > The mimetype of this attachment will be
> > "application/x-vnd.kolab.<type>" where type is the content type of the
> > file.
> > (http://kolab.org/doc/kolabformat-2.0rc7-html/x179.html)
> >
> > Looking at the Kontact source code on the other hand reveals that
> > Kontact uses the same mime type :(
>
> If this is the case, we might also consider changing the kolab-format spec
> as we will have quite a few objects of this type out there in the wild.

I strongly object to this way of dealing with implementation problems. If the
standard is not broken but the implementations are broken then fix the
implementations but not the standard.

The former approach is the reason for too many problem in other areas like
html where implementations finally defined the standards...

So fix the implementations and use the version numbering schema for backwards
compatibility.

Regards,
-- martin konold

--
e r f r a k o n
Sitz: Adolfstraße 23, 70469 Stuttgart, Partnerschaftsregister Stuttgart PR 126