[Kolab-devel] RFC: Format proposal for time tracking data

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Jul 2 12:47:45 CEST 2008

Gunnar,

On Tuesday 01 July 2008 17:03, Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
> Please take this only as a very early draft only meant for getting
> some comments and ideas.

thanks for publishing the draft.
My idea is to get spec 2.0 released and then set up a better process
for going from there. Doing draft releases or KEPs (Kolab Enhancement
Proposals) is a good idea. I guess we should track them somewhere,
e.g. in the Wiki.

> While the suggestion is only proposing a theoretical data format it
> is of course driven by an existing client application.
>
> Horde released "Hermes" (http://horde.org/hermes/) yesterday. This is
> a small time tracking application that interfaces nicely with the
> other Horde applications (addressbooks and tasks). I already wrote a
> Kolab driver for this app now but I'll keep this private as long as
> there is no common format we can agree on.
>
> I hope there are some other devs that would like to use time tracking
> on the Kolab server, too.

Of course it would be fine to have a format for this.
You've missed how many folders you would propose for this?
Also for a good completion we should look at how other clients do it,
so that our first move is already good enough to cover a large section of the
problem space.

Clients like "worklog" (which I use for timetracking) or KArm and whatever
people use on Windows/Outlook.

Bernhard

--
Managing Director - Owner: www.intevation.net      (Free Software Company)