Fwd: Re: [Kolab-devel] Kolab Format specs/Kontact: Question about custom folder types

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Mon Jan 7 08:51:28 CET 2008

Hi Martin,

Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de> writes:

> [Forwarding this to kolab-format@ to keep the context there,
> please followup only on kolab-format at .]

> Subject: Re: [Kolab-devel] Kolab Format specs/Kontact: Question about custom
> folder types
> Date: Thursday 03 January 2008 12:14
> From: Martin Konold <martin.konold at erfrakon.de>
> To: kolab-devel at kolab.org
>
> Am Montag, 15. Oktober 2007 schrieb Bernhard Reiter:
>
> Hi,

>> > I'd be very happy if this could be done.
>>
>> I am unsure about the change itself.
>> I personally would rather see something that I do not understand
>> then to overlook that there are possibily additional information.
>> Also the default for a regular IMAP client would be to display stuff.
>
> We don't need the proposed change to the documentation due to the follwoing
> reasons.
>
> - We don't want to impose changes to standard compliant IMAP clients

This is something the change does not do.

> - It is soley up to the client to decide if a folder should be shown, hidden
> or displayed in some special mode e.g. task view, calendar view, contacts
> view....

Of course but the change only tries to suggest a sensible default. It
is not a fixed requirement.

> - Typically users can easily hide unwanted folders when using feature like
> subscription, local subscription or "groupware folder hiding". The later
> implies that Kolab clients implement it.

The concept of "groupware folder hiding" definitely includes what the
change tries to add to the kolab format description. But "groupware
folder hiding" is also not part of the format specification.

Cheers,

Gunnar