2.0rc7 -> 2.0 in two weeks

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Apr 18 17:12:43 CEST 2008

Hi Joon,

On Friday 18 April 2008 15:43, Joon Radley wrote:
> > If no-one raises a serious objection,
> > we will declare 2.0rc7 to be 2.0 after about 2 weeks.
>
> This is excellent news.
>
> Will he version number in the XML generated objects have to change to 2.0
> or will it stay 1.0. I think the changes that where made where more for
> clarification that actual format changes.

a good question, you are refering to

  1.2. XML format description
[..]
  The version attribute denotes the version of this specification. Until a
  stable version is released, the number "1.0" is used.

You are right: We should clarify this.

Hmmm, actually there were a few minor changes over the time,
so I think it would be reasonable to stick with the idea of using 2.0 now.
Otherwise we could decouple the version number of the type from the version
number of the specification and just keep the "1.0" until we hit an
incompatible change. I tend to at least upgrade to "2.0". Shouldn't be a
large problem as implementor would have considered this "feature" for a
while.

What do you all think?

Bernhard