IMAP annotation for groupware folder descriptions

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Tue Sep 25 07:09:58 CEST 2007

Am Mittwoch 19 September 2007 schrieb Joon Radley:

Hi,

> Let me explain the reason for this from the Outlook side. In Outlook anyone
> can create a custom folder type or custom messages. This mechanism was
> created to provide for custom folder types. Without this mechanism, not all
> folders will be uploaded to the sever and the server will no longer be a
> backup of the local mail store.

Well, even if you cannot upload arbitrary annoations to the server it does not
prevent you from uploading the individual mails/objects.

> It is not possible to predict what custom folder types there will be.

What about an "unknown" or "other" keyword in order to allow for this. It
would then be the duty of the client to do the mapping e.g. using a "hidden"
mail message.

Regards,
-- martin konold

--
e r f r a k o n
Sitz: Adolfstraße 23 Stuttgart - Partnerschaftsregister Stuttgart PR 126