[Kolab-devel] Declaring a new folder type for Horde preferences

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Nov 6 19:05:52 CET 2007

On Tuesday 06 November 2007 14:46, Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
>  as both of you are in favor, what about making this a SHOULD?
>
> > Like: Client SHOULD have an option to blend unknown folder-types away.
>
> Fine with me too.
>
> I attached a suggested patch for the format definition.

I think it should be worded like I did above and mention
that there "SHOULD be an option to blend out" ...

> This patch also changes the example for non standardized kolab folder
> names from "kolab.o-voicemail" to "o-voicemail". I did this because I
> lack an explanation for the "kolab.*" prefix and I think it confuses
> the "TYPE" and "SUBTYPE" concept for the entries. The specific
> "kolab"-TYPE is mentioned nowhere else.

I believe you are right in changing this, but we should make it a different
proposed change.
Also the proposed patches should include chanced to the "revision" part
of the document. Please commit the removal of "kolab.*" prefix I think this is
a bug.

Also I believe that we should make this as a change for Kolab Format 2.1
development. Thus we should conclude and release 2.0 and call it final.
I have to review some of the later changes for this.

Bernhard