inline-attachments tag

Joon Radley joon at radleys.co.za
Wed May 9 19:09:22 CEST 2007

Hi Volker,

> So, how should inline attachments be handled correctly?

The problem with the inline attachment-tag is threefold:
a) The tag was never implemented as we saw during implementation that it was not a good idea. Why it remained the documentation is a bit of a mystery.
b) Implementing it now would mean retouching every object on existing servers.
c) Does not work for normal/RC2822 messages.

What I would suggest that we add a MIME header to the headers of meta attachments, e.g. X-KOLAB-META: true. We both currently have code to deal with the Toltec.dat attachments, so there will be no backwards compatibility issues. By adding the mime header you can get the same and even better functionality than the inline-attachment tag.

Best Regards

Joon Radley
Radley Network Technologies CC
Cell: +27 (0)83 368 8557