event XML 1.1 (fix recurrances)

Joon Radley joon at radleys.co.za
Thu Jan 18 10:00:36 CET 2007

Hi Ger,

> If a client sees a tag it does not understand, this tag must
> be preserved and saved back to the file.

The problem with this is that in Outlook when you create a change in
attachments it creates a second object, even if the GUI only shows one
series. Toltec will preserver the unknown tag. But how does Kontact or Horde
know what object to ignore on the server?

The attachment exception is now contained in both the original object and in
the second object. Combining the two objects in Outlook is a very big
problem as the linking between them have change over many versions and was
not even supported in Outlook 2000. Until Microsoft publishes what they have
done here it is a total mine field.

Best Regards

Joon Radley
Radley Network Technologies CC