From: header on Kolab objects!

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Mar 17 12:41:42 CET 2006

Am Dienstag, 14. März 2006 19:59 schrieb Bernhard Reiter:
> during testing we found that Toltec does not create a From: header on Kolab
> objects. See
> https://intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue1168
>
> This would violate rfc2822, this is why I believe it is a (minor) bug.
>
> We could mention in our format specification that a from: header should be
> in there and also give a hint what it should contain.
> E.g. the primary email address with contacts, notes and so on.
> And maybe the organiser with appointments?

I have though about this.
As the client should not rely on this, it is only to satisfy the email
requirement, I think it must be there and a legal email address.
My suggestion is: To recommend using the email address of the
account that write the object.

As I expect this to  uncontroversial, only being a clarification
and an additional recommendation,
I will modify the format document accordingly, if there
there are no objections until:

TUESDAY 21th of March 14:00 (Berlin Time).

Bernhard