More IMAP Annotations (folder display name and translations)

David Faure dfaure at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Mon Sep 26 11:57:12 CEST 2005

On Sunday 25 September 2005 21:36, Martin Konold wrote:
> Am Sonntag 25 September 2005 20:47 schrieb Johannes Hirche:
>
> Hi Johannes,
>
> > > So you only want to have a single displayname annotation for a folder
> > > without any translations?
> >
> > Exactly, from my point of view, this would suffice.
>
> > Even if the foldername would be translated, the content of
> > the folder wouldn't and never will be.
>
> Yes, I see your point and therefore withdraw the proposal about translations
> in the displayname annotation.
>
> Joon, David: What do you think about the simple proposal from Johannes?
>
> Basically it boils down to allow for a quoted printable encoded utf
> displayname for a folder. The main target are the default folders.

This seems more reasonable to me. And indeed it allows to rename-without-really-renaming.
But if the web client (Horde?) doesn't support it, users won't recognize their folder names
when using the web client, so it should really be supported by all clients.

David Faure -- faure at kde.org, dfaure at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
KDE/KOffice developer, Qt consultancy projects