Toltec connector and exceptions to recurring events

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Fri May 27 15:22:51 CEST 2005

Am Donnerstag, 26. Mai 2005 17:13 schrieb Bernhard Reiter:

Hi,

> As far as I know writing of recurrent events has not been 100% implemented
> in Toltec. There are many cornercases.
> We cannot completley exclude that we still have flaws in the data format,
> but they will only matter in rare cases.

There are indeed multiple cases of valid recurrance semantic in Outlook which
cannot expressed in the Kolab XML Format. This is mainly due to the fact that
Kontact is not able to understand the same set of recurrance rules as OL.

There is still some work left though as you stated correctly the format covers
more than 99.9% of the real worl cases.

The main problem with the missing support is that it means really bad
usability as the user notices the problem typically much too late.

Regards,
-- martin

President next year."  -- 2004, Wally O'Dell - CEO of Diebold, Inc.
e r f r a k o n - Stuttgart, Germany