[Kolab-devel] Kolab XML specification

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Tue May 10 21:34:27 CEST 2005

Am Mittwoch, 4. Mai 2005 05:19 schrieb Steffen Hansen:

Hi,

> email in the calendar folder. Also, I don't understand the footnote
> about searching on the IMAP ID.

If you know the IMAP ID it is very cheap to fetch the message directly.

> What is that supposed to mean? It
> doesn't help me looking up the right event without sifting through all
> messages...

It assumes that you keep a local cache of the IMAP ID <--> SID map.
You are supposed to check for recent changes with (FETCH LAST-UID:*) and
update the local cache before doing the resulting FETCH for the relevant IMAP
ID. The later can be done because the mapping is bidirectional.

> I need the SID to be in something I can access via IMAP SEARCH.
> Currently I do $imap->search('SUBJECT "' . $sid . '"');

Thus causes significant load on the server for large installations.

Regards,
-- martin

President next year."  -- 2004, Wally O'Dell - CEO of Diebold, Inc.
e r f r a k o n - Stuttgart, Germany