RFC2822 windows attachment

Joon Radley joon at radleys.co.za
Fri Jan 14 06:59:46 CET 2005

Hi Bernhard,

The length of the header and the number of headers may present a problem.
Firstly only a few of the properties are more than 20 bytes, but the larger
once can be massive which might choke some clients. There is no actual
length limit on a header field, but it could be tricky. Secondly it can add
a large number of headers to the e-mail.

Adding the attachment is much cleaner, but adding headers is an option. What
do you perceive are the problems of adding an attachment to the mail
message?

Best regards

Joon Radley
Radley Network Technologies CC