Distribution lists

Bo Thorsen bo at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Wed Sep 22 14:02:10 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 22 September 2004 12:59, Bernhard Reiter wrote:

> > > That is not a kolab-format question.  >;-)
> > >
> > > I believe Kontact to have some support for them,
> > > but better ask on kolab-devel@ for more details.
> >
> > Uhm, right. Apologies for the not-100%-on-topic text. I just thought
> > it would be the best place to ask considering we are discussing
> > distribution lists.
> >
> > I'm not exactly looking for a diatribe into how the lists are
> > supported by the applications, rather a simple "yes, they are
> > supported" or "no, they are not supported".
>
> Most of the support is server side, I'd say.

Yes, I think we only did a few minor changes to LDAP lookup to make it
work. We basically treat distribution lists like a person, and let the
server do the work later.

Server distribution lists can IIRC be used as email addresses and in the
IMAP ACL dialog.

Bo.

     Klarälvdalens Datakonsult  |   Denmark